Have you ever looked at an old picture of yourself wearing that icy or pastel blue eyeshadow and caught yourself saying, "that is soooo 2000s" or "OMG what was I thinking?"🤔
Well we have and promised ourselves to never wear blue eyeshadow again. However, blue is currently the new black and is making a major comeback 🙌
Earlier this year, we launched our Sapphires 10 shade palette that has ten richly pigmented and blendable multi-finish shades that range from a spectrum of neutrals to blue-toned hues. Now we know that seeing these colors might bring flashbacks of those old pictures but we promise that this palette will one-up your 2000s eye look game!
For only $5, this palette has all the on-trend shades you’ll need to create the most versatile looks this season. Trust us when we say that this palette won’t disappoint and will make you want to take a selfie of the ‘blue-tiful’ look you created 🤳
One thing that we really love about this palette is that it includes a how-to on a look that was created by our resident Pro MUA and Creative Director, Jackie Su. In today’s post, we’re going to elaborate on this look by incorporating our Eye Define Duo in Cobalt and Eye Sparkler in Twinkle.
Now get ready to follow along this ‘step-by-step’ guide on a look that will make everyone say ‘blue la-la’ 😉
1. Using a fluffy blending brush, apply CAMEL along and slightly above the crease.
2. Apply NAUTICAL to the crease and to the inner and outer corners, going out from eyelid.
3. Apply CONSPIRACY to the inner and outer corners of the eyelid.
4 - 5. Apply concealer to the center of the lid, then pat on ATLANTIS using a flat brush.
6. Apply ROCKIN’ to the edges of ATLANTIS to add dimension, and blend using a light hand.
7-8. Pat a touch of FROSTBITE on top of ATLANTIS to add a little sparkle.
9. Apply the Shadow Pencil from the Eye Sparkler Duo in TWINKLE to the inner corner, then apply FROSTBITE over it for added dimension and sparkle.
10. Apply the COBALT Pencil Liner from the Eye Define Duo to the waterline and bottom lash line.
11-12. Set the bottom line by applying PLANETARY on the outer half and ATLANTIS on the inner half. For extra dimension, lightly blend CAMEL one more time along the lower lash line.
13. Add a small wing with the COBALT Liquid Liner from the Eye Define Duo. Use a small dense brush to blend the inner line of the wing into the shadow.
14. If you’re feeling extra, apply the TWINKLE Liquid Eyeshadow to the top center of the lid and blend downwards. Apply your favorite falsies and viola!
That’s it! How easy was that? We can't wait to see you re-create this look or something glamorous of your own 😉
Make sure to also share your look with us by using #profusioncosmetics for a chance to be featured on our social media channels 📸
Xo, Team Profusion